Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Best practices for custom HTML tags, part of Google Tag Manager (V2) Essential Training.
- In the previous video we saw how to implement…custom HTML, which is a feature that turns this…from just a Google and friends tool,…into a full blown tag management system.…There are a few things,…most of which I've learned the hard way,…that I'd like you to keep in mind.…First is that if a hacker were to target your site…the custom HTML features…are one of the most tempting targets,…because it allows them to do just about anything…they want with your site.…For this reason I suggest you utilize…the secondary authentication feature…for custom HTML, the one we showed…in the chapter on account settings and permissions.…
This course provides the skills to get up and running with Google Tag Manager quickly. It explores how to set up Tag Manager accounts and containers, use turnkey tags, create rules and macros, control versions and user access, debug tags, configure custom tags, and add code to capture specific Google Analytics events. Authored by GTM expert Corey Koberg, this course also provides crucial, time-saving best practices for working with Tag Manager.
Note: to keep the training as universal as possible, we use the nonmobile version of GTM, and configure it for a generic WordPress site. Your specific implementation will be dependent on how your site is coded.
- Creating an account and container
- Installing containers
- Using built-in tags from Analytics, ClickTale, and other services
- Working with variables
- Firing events with triggers
- Creating versions
- Using custom tags
- Implementing a data layer