In this video, Jess Stratton shows you how to publish a website, including choosing an appropriate name and locating the site afterward.
- We've designed our site, added multiple editors…to help us with it, tested it in multiple browsers…on multiple devices, now it's time to publish it.…We're ready to hit that big blue button…labeled "publish" on the top of the screen.…Something to think ahead of time…are possible URLs for your site.…Your site will be accessible by typing…h t t p s colon slash slash site dot google dot com…forward slash view forward slash…whatever you pick as a site location.…
The more common your choice is,…the chances are greater that it's already taken,…so you may have to get creative…with you site name; however, you'll still…want it to be meaningful to who the site is for.…I'm going to try the most…simple version for me, wisdom pets,…though I have some backups in mind if that's already taken.…Great!…The blue check mark means I can use it.…I can also choose if I want search engines…to index my site or not.…Though it's not a guarantee it will show up…in search results, if I do not want it to,…I can place a check mark next to it.…
- What are the uses for Google Sites?
- Choosing a site theme and adding a logo
- Managing or deleting a site
- Adding editors to help build a site
- Working with pages
- Creating and working with additional pages
- Adding text and images
- Adding forms from Google Forms
- Publishing your site