In this video, Jess Stratton shows you how to embed a YouTube video onto a page, as well as other Google product embeds, such as maps.
- [Instructor] Let's add a YouTube video to our videos page.…I have the video up here on YouTube…so I'm going to copy the URL,…I'll select it in the browser, right click, and choose copy.…I'll head over to my videos page, change to the insert tab…and in the Google Embeds section on the right…I'll select YouTube.…I'll paste in my video that I just copied,…click the magnifying glass icon and here's the video.…
I need to click once to select it…and then I can click select on the bottom,…it's going to insert the video.…There are a few settings I can change but not too many.…I can click the gear icon,…here I can change the name of the video.…I can choose to hide the controls or keep them in place,…I can change the color of the progress bar…and I can toggle whether or not I want to allow…the viewer to go full screen or not.…I'll click done,…and now the YouTube video is embedded on the site…and viewers can play and use the controls right on the page.…
I'll double-click and add a text box…to give some context to the video…
- What are the uses for Google Sites?
- Choosing a site theme and adding a logo
- Managing or deleting a site
- Adding editors to help build a site
- Working with pages
- Creating and working with additional pages
- Adding text and images
- Adding forms from Google Forms
- Publishing your site