In this video, Jess Stratton shows you how to find the Google Sites product and how to switch to the new interface if necessary.
- [Instructor] To access Google Sites, once you're logged into your Google account, you can either click the thumbnail icon on the top right-hand side and find Sites in the list, or you can also point your browser to sites.google.com. If it's your first time using Google Sites, you may be prompted to put in your password again. Google rolls out interface updates very slowly, so your Google Sites interface may look like this or the new interface. It will change based on when you created your account and whether the changes have been pushed out to you by Google.
This course is covering the new interface. This one is the old one. So if your screen looks like this, you can easily upgrade to the new edition of Google Sites. And you will want to as it makes creating sites even easier than it already was and it adds a little bit more functionality also. On the left-hand side, click New Google Sites. If it's your first time clicking this button, you'll be prompted with a screen telling you a little bit about all of the new features. However, now you're here. This is the main screen of Google Sites and now you're ready to follow along with the course.
- What are the uses for Google Sites?
- Choosing a site theme and adding a logo
- Managing or deleting a site
- Adding editors to help build a site
- Working with pages
- Creating and working with additional pages
- Adding text and images
- Adding forms from Google Forms
- Publishing your site