Join Elizabeth Marsten for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Google Shopping and PLA Essential Training.
If you are a premium member of the Lynda.com online training library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. The exercise file with this course is a sample product feed, using a template from Google Merchant Center's help center. It contains the required attribute columns to submit a product feed for non apparel simple feed. If you use it to create your own product feed from scratch, be sure to save it as a txt file and review the required attributes for your stores catalog in Google Merchant Center before submitting. The exercise file used in this course, is an example of how to build a product feed from scratch ,or adjust one if you do not have the technical resources in which to export a clean product feed from your website's shopping cart.
This file can also be used as an example of a highly optimized feed, with short descriptive titles, keyword rich descriptions, deep use of category taxonomy for both Google product type, and product type, and the use of custom labels. If you are a monthly subscriber or annual subscriber to Lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files. But you can follow along from scratch with your own assets. All right, let's get started.
- What is Google Shopping, and how does it work?
- Creating a product feed from scratch or with a web developer
- Creating a Google Shopping campaign in AdWords
- Bidding on product groups
- Expanding out your Google Shopping campaigns
- Bidding on mobile devices
- Using AdWords tools with PLAs
- Using third-party PLA tools
- Measuring results with Google Analytics