Join Elizabeth Marsten for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding comparison shopping engines, part of Google Shopping and PLA Fundamentals.
…Technically speaking, Google Shopping, powered by AdWords…product listing ads, is a comparison shopping engine.…Particularly on the google.com shopping results area.…Products are displayed based on a query, all…of which are sponsored results for the purpose…of giving the user as many options as…possible, to compare products and vendors against each other.…For example, check out this Google Shopping results page…screenshot against the next two I'm about to show you.…Google was not the first in this space by far.…There are many other comparison shopping engines out there…that merchants upload product feeds to directly, over 200.…
The largest and the most well known are…sites like Shopzilla, Shopping.com, Nextag, Pronto and Price Grabber.…These comparison shopping engines have been around since the…early 2000s, and continue to be available to merchants today.…This looks familiar to Google Shopping, doesn't it?…So let's look at some of the comparison shopping similarities.…Each engine re, runs off a product feed but requires and…
- What is Google Shopping, and how does it work?
- Creating a product feed from scratch or with a web developer
- Creating a Google Shopping campaign in AdWords
- Bidding on product groups
- Expanding out your Google Shopping campaigns
- Bidding on mobile devices
- Using AdWords tools with PLAs
- Using third-party PLA tools
- Measuring results with Google Analytics