Join Elizabeth Marsten for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a product feed from scratch by hand, part of Google Shopping and PLA Fundamentals.
…A product feed is a list of products or individual skews that you…carry on your site with the options or attributes in detail of those products.…There are several file formats in which you can view, edit,…and upload feeds to Google Merchant Center or other comparison shopping engines.…Each with their own list of required attributes…and additional optional attributes that you can provide.…Depending on the shopping cart that your site uses, that will determine…how hard or easy it is to create a product feed that…is ready to go with any of these platforms, more often than…not the raw feed from the cart requires some kind of editing.…
Whether or not that is by hand, or with…the help of an app, plug-in or web developer.…I'll walk you through how to optimize your raw…feeds specifically for Google Shopping in a later tutorial.…In this lesson I'm going to show you how to create and edit a product…feed if you are unable to download or…create a feed through your shopping cart platform.…It can be a bit more tedious and I don't recommend this manual method…
- What is Google Shopping, and how does it work?
- Creating a product feed from scratch or with a web developer
- Creating a Google Shopping campaign in AdWords
- Bidding on product groups
- Expanding out your Google Shopping campaigns
- Bidding on mobile devices
- Using AdWords tools with PLAs
- Using third-party PLA tools
- Measuring results with Google Analytics