Join Elizabeth Marsten for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing to Google Shopping campaigns, part of Google Shopping and PLA Fundamentals.
…Shopping campaigns were released from beta in February 2014,…but product listing ads have technically been around, since 2011.…They were generally available to the public through the…advertising account, in what was called a product extension ad.…These ads or plus box ads as they were called,…because the product images would not display unless the customer clicked…the plus box, to expand the view still pulled images, destination…URLs, and everything else from product feeds uploaded into Merchant Center.…These ads were also cost-per-click based, and did require that in…your product fee, you add additional tracking tags to the backend of…your destination URLs, in order to see progress for them in programs…like Google Analytics, instead of the auto-tagging feature that they have today.…
In October of 2012, Google made all of the results on the Google Shopping pages,…product listing ads, removing all of the…previously free traffic that had been there before.…The organic results on those pages were pulled…from product feeds from Merchant Center, their own web…
- What is Google Shopping, and how does it work?
- Creating a product feed from scratch or with a web developer
- Creating a Google Shopping campaign in AdWords
- Bidding on product groups
- Expanding out your Google Shopping campaigns
- Bidding on mobile devices
- Using AdWords tools with PLAs
- Using third-party PLA tools
- Measuring results with Google Analytics