Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Google Play Services For Android.
- [Voiceover] I've provided exercise files for this course…that you can use to follow along…with the videos you see on-screen.…Now you can see here I've copied…the ExerciseFiles folder to my desktop,…but I've just done that for easy access.…You can place them anywhere on your computer that you like.…Let's take a look inside.…The exercise files are organized by chapter,…with one folder for each chapter in the course.…Within each chapter, you'll find folders for each exercise.…Inside each of the exercise folders,…you'll find the starting point for the code for each example…that we'll use to build the finished working app.…
I've also provided a folder named Solutions…that contains the finished code…for each example in the course.…Inside the Solutions folder, once again…you'll find folders that correspond…to each chapter in the course.…In these folders, you'll find the completed code examples.…In some cases, I've consolidated the examples…in that chapter into a single finished working app…so you can see the various concepts of that chapter…
Programming expert Joe Marini covers how to retrieve and work with a user's location and get continuous location updates with Location services; target and authenticate users and access their profile information with Google Sign-In; and work with the Google Drive API to store and retrieve content. Joe also shows you how to use the Google Places API to get information about places such as addresses, phone numbers, and website URLs, along with how to send messages to individual devices using Google Cloud Messaging. By the end of this course, you should be able to incorporate Google Play services into your own apps and take advantage of the various features it provides.
- Using Google Play services in your Android project
- How the Google Play services life cycle works
- Retrieving the user's location with Location services
- Working with location data
- Performing a geocoding operation
- Using Google Sign-In to access user information
- Storing information with the Google Drive API
- Working with the Google Places API
- Communicating via Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Play Services Basics
2. Location Services
3. Google Sign-In
4. Google Drive
5. The Places API
6. Google Cloud Messaging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.