Understand how to switch the current account that is signed in using Play services to another account
- [Voiceover] Oh, one more quick thing before we move on.…Something to watch out for when specifying API's…to connect to with the addApi method…is that if something goes wrong…while connecting to that API, the entire operation…in building the Google API client will fail…and the onConnectionFailed listener will be called.…So, for example, if you're building an app…that can use the Wearable API,…and then try to connect to that API on a device…that doesn't have the Wearable API installed,…the entire build call will fail.…
Let's see this in action,…and hopefully, it will become more clear.…So, in Android Studio,…in the PlayServices lifecycle example…that we've been working on so far,…let's open up the MainActivity code.…And let's scroll down to the code…that creates the API client.…And what I'm going to do is add a call to addApi…with the Wearable API class.…Okay, so I'll save that.…I've got my virtual device already running, okay?…So what I'm going to do…is put a break point…on the onConnectionFailed listener right here.…
Programming expert Joe Marini covers how to retrieve and work with a user's location and get continuous location updates with Location services; target and authenticate users and access their profile information with Google Sign-In; and work with the Google Drive API to store and retrieve content. Joe also shows you how to use the Google Places API to get information about places such as addresses, phone numbers, and website URLs, along with how to send messages to individual devices using Google Cloud Messaging. By the end of this course, you should be able to incorporate Google Play services into your own apps and take advantage of the various features it provides.
- Using Google Play services in your Android project
- How the Google Play services life cycle works
- Retrieving the user's location with Location services
- Working with location data
- Performing a geocoding operation
- Using Google Sign-In to access user information
- Storing information with the Google Drive API
- Working with the Google Places API
- Communicating via Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Play Services Basics
2. Location Services
3. Google Sign-In
4. Google Drive
5. The Places API
6. Google Cloud Messaging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.