Learn how to use the signOut and revokeAccess APIs to sign the user out of your application. The signOut API will clear the account that is associated with your application, and the user will need to choose their account to log in again. The revokeAccess
- [Voiceover] Now that we've given the user a way to…sign in, we should also give them a way to sign out.…We also need to give them a way to disconnect the account…that they associated with our app.…Now, handling both of these scenarios is relatively…straight forward.…To sign the user out, the code just needs to call the…sign out function.…And to disconnect the user, we call the revoke access…function, both available on the Google sign in API.…Both of these functions are asynchronous and take…ResultCallback objects that can be used to handle any…cleanup.…
In our app, we'll use the callback functions to update…the UI to indicate that the user is no longer signed in.…In a real application, you would also use this opportunity…to contact your backend server and remove any…information that the user may have associated with your…application in the case of the revoke access function.…Alright, let's switch over to Android Studio.…In Android Studio I'm going to continue working with…the exercise that we started with previously.…
Programming expert Joe Marini covers how to retrieve and work with a user's location and get continuous location updates with Location services; target and authenticate users and access their profile information with Google Sign-In; and work with the Google Drive API to store and retrieve content. Joe also shows you how to use the Google Places API to get information about places such as addresses, phone numbers, and website URLs, along with how to send messages to individual devices using Google Cloud Messaging. By the end of this course, you should be able to incorporate Google Play services into your own apps and take advantage of the various features it provides.
- Using Google Play services in your Android project
- How the Google Play services life cycle works
- Retrieving the user's location with Location services
- Working with location data
- Performing a geocoding operation
- Using Google Sign-In to access user information
- Storing information with the Google Drive API
- Working with the Google Places API
- Communicating via Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Play Services Basics
2. Location Services
3. Google Sign-In
4. Google Drive
5. The Places API
6. Google Cloud Messaging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.