In order to successfully use Google Sign In, you must create a project in the Google Developers Console and enable the Google Sign In APIs along with any other APIs you want your app to be able to access. You must also provide your application's SHA1 fing
- [Voiceover] To use Google sign in,…you need to first set up a project on the server…using Google's developer console.…Go to accounts.google.com…and make sure that you're signed in to your google account.…And, if you don't have one, then, create one.…So, I'm going to sign in to my account.…Once you're signed in,…go to developers.google.com/mobile/add.…This will take you to the screen on the Google servers…where you can add a project to your developer account.…
So, I'm going to choose Pick a platform,…and I'm gonna choose Android App.…Now, I've already done this for my existing project.…So, I'm just going to show you what it is that I did,…and you can follow along with me.…So, I can either chose an existing project…or make a new one.…And, since I've already done this,…I'm just going to create a temporary example…to show you what I did.…But, you can make a new project for yourself.…So, I'm going to give the project a name.…I'm just gonna call it g-temp-sign.…
And then, I need to type in the package name.…Now, for my exercise,…
Programming expert Joe Marini covers how to retrieve and work with a user's location and get continuous location updates with Location services; target and authenticate users and access their profile information with Google Sign-In; and work with the Google Drive API to store and retrieve content. Joe also shows you how to use the Google Places API to get information about places such as addresses, phone numbers, and website URLs, along with how to send messages to individual devices using Google Cloud Messaging. By the end of this course, you should be able to incorporate Google Play services into your own apps and take advantage of the various features it provides.
- Using Google Play services in your Android project
- How the Google Play services life cycle works
- Retrieving the user's location with Location services
- Working with location data
- Performing a geocoding operation
- Using Google Sign-In to access user information
- Storing information with the Google Drive API
- Working with the Google Places API
- Communicating via Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Play Services Basics
2. Location Services
3. Google Sign-In
4. Google Drive
5. The Places API
6. Google Cloud Messaging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.