Learn how to use the Drive API to query files and folders based upon their metadata - such as their titles or MIME types, whether they are starred, whether they are in the trash, whether they are editable, etc. Applications can also associate custom prope
- [Voiceover] The drive API contains some powerful features…for searching drive content,…and using these features your app can execute…search queries across a range of drive content attributes.…Search queries are built and executed by creating…a query object and queries can be run across…the entire drive or scoped to a particular folder…though they don't automatically search…child folders recursively.…Search queries can be further customized by attaching…filters to them.…
Filters specify the metadata attributes that will be used…to perform the search.…Filters can also have logical operators applied to them,…such as and, and or when multiple metadata attributes…are being searched.…If you need to have the query output sorted one or more…sort order objects can be applied to the query…to sort on various kinds of metadata.…When you're ready to run the search query…you call query function on the drive API,…or directly on a particular folder if you're scoping…the search to that folder.…And of course, the results are obtained using a…
Programming expert Joe Marini covers how to retrieve and work with a user's location and get continuous location updates with Location services; target and authenticate users and access their profile information with Google Sign-In; and work with the Google Drive API to store and retrieve content. Joe also shows you how to use the Google Places API to get information about places such as addresses, phone numbers, and website URLs, along with how to send messages to individual devices using Google Cloud Messaging. By the end of this course, you should be able to incorporate Google Play services into your own apps and take advantage of the various features it provides.
- Using Google Play services in your Android project
- How the Google Play services life cycle works
- Retrieving the user's location with Location services
- Working with location data
- Performing a geocoding operation
- Using Google Sign-In to access user information
- Storing information with the Google Drive API
- Working with the Google Places API
- Communicating via Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Play Services Basics
2. Location Services
3. Google Sign-In
4. Google Drive
5. The Places API
6. Google Cloud Messaging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.