Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Google Play Services For Android.
- [Voiceover] Well, that brings us to the end…of our course on Google Play Services for Android.…I really hope you enjoyed learning along with me…about hour to use Google Play Services…to closely integrate your mobile Android apps…with the Google services being used…by more than a billion people today.…Even thought we covered quite a bit of material…in this course,…there's still a lot more to learn.…Now that you know how to intergrate…Play Services SDK into your apps…you might consider investigating some of the services…and APIs that we didn't get a chance to cover in this course…such as analytics, or maybe maps,…or maybe app install ads.…
Maybe you take a look at streaming your content…using Google Cast.…And or course Google is always adding…new features, capabilities and services…to their mobile app SDK.…So be sure to visit the Google Play Services developer pages…right here on Google's Developer site often…to stay current on all the changes and new stuff.…Thanks again for watching, and as always,…happy coding.…
Programming expert Joe Marini covers how to retrieve and work with a user's location and get continuous location updates with Location services; target and authenticate users and access their profile information with Google Sign-In; and work with the Google Drive API to store and retrieve content. Joe also shows you how to use the Google Places API to get information about places such as addresses, phone numbers, and website URLs, along with how to send messages to individual devices using Google Cloud Messaging. By the end of this course, you should be able to incorporate Google Play services into your own apps and take advantage of the various features it provides.
- Using Google Play services in your Android project
- How the Google Play services life cycle works
- Retrieving the user's location with Location services
- Working with location data
- Performing a geocoding operation
- Using Google Sign-In to access user information
- Storing information with the Google Drive API
- Working with the Google Places API
- Communicating via Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Play Services Basics
2. Location Services
3. Google Sign-In
4. Google Drive
5. The Places API
6. Google Cloud Messaging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.