See how to remove content from Drive using the appropriate deletion APIs.
- [Voiceover] So far we've seen how to create content…and we've seen how to select content.…And now we're going to see how to delete drive content.…Or, well more specifically,…we're going to see how to move drive content to the trash…so that the user can delete it when they want to.…There's also an API for bypassing the trash…and just deleting an item…but we're not going to use that in this exercise.…So the methods that the drive API provides,…for working with the trash, are called,…perhaps unsurprisingly, Trash and Untrash.…
And there's a delete method, which is called,…just simply, Delete.…And again, like the other drive methods,…these are asynchronous and can be used…with the set-result-callback method.…So let's switch over to the code and see how this works.…All right,…so I'm here in my ongoing drive exercise project,…located in chapter four.…And in this exercise, we're going to let the user invoke…the open file activity builder, that we saw earlier,…to select a file to move to the trash.…
So let's open up the main activity code.…
Programming expert Joe Marini covers how to retrieve and work with a user's location and get continuous location updates with Location services; target and authenticate users and access their profile information with Google Sign-In; and work with the Google Drive API to store and retrieve content. Joe also shows you how to use the Google Places API to get information about places such as addresses, phone numbers, and website URLs, along with how to send messages to individual devices using Google Cloud Messaging. By the end of this course, you should be able to incorporate Google Play services into your own apps and take advantage of the various features it provides.
- Using Google Play services in your Android project
- How the Google Play services life cycle works
- Retrieving the user's location with Location services
- Working with location data
- Performing a geocoding operation
- Using Google Sign-In to access user information
- Storing information with the Google Drive API
- Working with the Google Places API
- Communicating via Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Play Services Basics
2. Location Services
3. Google Sign-In
4. Google Drive
5. The Places API
6. Google Cloud Messaging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.