Use the Drive API to retrieve information such as Folder and File names, the contents of folders, and how to get the contents of a particular file in Drive using the DriveFile and DriveContents classes
- [Voiceover] To work with data on the user's Google Drive…account, your "at" must be authorized to do so.…You have to create a project on the Google…developer console that has been given access to…the Drive API, so you'll need to enable the API…in the console, and get an OAuth key.…So, let's do that now.…Make sure that you are signed into your Google account,…and then go to console.developers.google.com,…and if your view looks a little bit different,…then just choose "Manage All Projects" from this menu.…
Okay.…I've already set up my Drive project,…so I'll show you the steps that I went through…and you can follow along.…First, I'm going to create a new project,…and I'm going to call my project "Drive Project 1"…and I will click "Create", so the console will create…the project for me, and then after the project is created,…I'm taken to the API manager, so I'll click on the Drive API…link here in the list.…I'll click "Enable" to turn the API on.…
And then once the API is enabled, I'll click on the…credentials item over here in the left-hand navigation.…
Programming expert Joe Marini covers how to retrieve and work with a user's location and get continuous location updates with Location services; target and authenticate users and access their profile information with Google Sign-In; and work with the Google Drive API to store and retrieve content. Joe also shows you how to use the Google Places API to get information about places such as addresses, phone numbers, and website URLs, along with how to send messages to individual devices using Google Cloud Messaging. By the end of this course, you should be able to incorporate Google Play services into your own apps and take advantage of the various features it provides.
- Using Google Play services in your Android project
- How the Google Play services life cycle works
- Retrieving the user's location with Location services
- Working with location data
- Performing a geocoding operation
- Using Google Sign-In to access user information
- Storing information with the Google Drive API
- Working with the Google Places API
- Communicating via Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Play Services Basics
2. Location Services
3. Google Sign-In
4. Google Drive
5. The Places API
6. Google Cloud Messaging
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.