Local SEO is critical for local businesses. Learn to achieve maximum visibility on search engines, and drive more foot traffic and web traffic to your business.
- Hi, I'm Brad Batesole, and welcome to SEO for Local Visibility. In this course, we'll take a look at what local SEO means, and how it differs from traditional SEO. Throughout this course, I'll be giving you the tips and tools necessary to promote your business via search. I'll walk you through how ranking on a search engine, primarily Google, works, and what criteria are important to pay attention to. We'll also discuss how to conduct keyword research, optimize your website, and measure the performance of your efforts.
Additionally, I'll show you how to manage businesses with multiple locations, gain high quality backlinks, build your Google my business listing, and how to leverage local reviews. This course is a great place to start if you're looking to increase the visibility of your local search results, understand what your competition is doing, or to get a bigger picture as to how local SEO works. Let's get started.
First, get an overview of the local SEO landscape, tips for evaluating and optimizing your site, and advice on conducting keyword research. Author Brad Batesole also shows how to optimize your site structure and on-page content, acquire local citations, and make sure your name, address, and phone (NAP) information is consistent across the web.
Want to appear in Google Maps and local search results? Find out how to make sure your listing shows up by setting up your Google My Business page, and learn how to incorporate links and reviews. Finally, discover how to secure backlinks from reputable sources and handle SEO for a business that has multiple locations. If you want to boost your ranking, understand the competition, or just understand how search engines like Google operate at a local level, this is the course for you.
- What is local SEO?
- Understanding local ranking factors
- Identifying your top keywords
- Researching the competition
- Optimizing your site structure
- Using and testing structured data
- Creating localized content
- Optimizing on-page elements
- Tracking results
- Acquiring local citations
- Creating a Google My Business page
- Securing backlinks
- Collecting reviews
- Handling multiple locations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/30/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: identifying your top keywords, researching local keyword modifiers, optimizing page speed, setting up Google Search Console, creating a Google My Business page, outfitting your local listing with content, using the Google My Business interface, and securing reviews on Google and other sites.