In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows yoiu how to use the special preview lightbox view in Google Drive to preview non-Docs files, and get a great view of your photos.
- [Instructor] I want to take a minute to explain the preview lightbox in Google Drive. When you click on a file that's not a Google Doc, for example this PDF file, you'll get a lightbox preview of your document. There's a few things that you can do in the lightbox. You can scroll through your document using the mouse. You can also navigate through your files by clicking the left and right hand icons in the center of the screen. At the top of the screen, you can click thew down arrow next to open with to find some third party apps that work with Google Drive.
Overall the way to the right, you can print your file. You can download it, and you can click the three dots to do more actions such as move it to another folder, add a star, or rename it. At the bottom of the screen, you can see how many pages are in your file, and you can also fit it to the entire screen or zoom in. To get back to the main Google Drive screen, you can click the back arrow on the top left hand side of the screen to close it and go back to Google Drive. I do want to show you that the lightbox is a fantastic way to navigate through your photos.
I'm going to go into a folder that contains all my photos, and I'll click on the first one. It's going to pop up every photo. To browse through your folder, you can click the next and previous buttons in the middle of the screen. This is going to show you a beautiful view that takes up almost the full screen. In fact, you can zoom in by clicking the plus sign at the bottom of the screen I you want to get a better view of your photo. Just like with your other files you can also print them, download them, or click the three dots to move them to other places or add stars or rename them.
When you're all done looking at your photos, you can click the back button on the top left hand side of the screen, and it will take you right back to Google Drive.
- Accessing Google Drive
- Navigating the web interface
- Uploading files via the web
- Converting files to Google Doc format
- Deleting and recovering files
- Purchasing more storage space for your files
- Organizing and searching Google Drive
- Using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Creating drawings
- Using Google Docs to collaborate with others
- Using Google Drive on a mobile device