LinkedIn Learning is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Accessing Google Drive
- Navigating the web interface
- Uploading files via the web
- Converting files to Google Doc format
- Deleting and recovering files
- Purchasing more storage space for your files
- Searching files and folders
- Using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Creating drawings
- Using Google Docs to collaborate with others
Skill Level Beginner
- [Jess] Google Drive is a free product from Google that's two products in one. Google Drive is like having your own hard drive that follows you everywhere you have internet access. You can access your files by web browser, computer, or device. You can store anything! You get 15 gigs of space for free or can purchase more. The second product is Google Docs, which is a suite of software apps similar to Microsoft Office. Docs is word processing, Sheets is a powerful spreadsheet application, and Slides gives you the ability to create presentations. In my LinkedIn Learning course, I'll show you how Google Docs and Google Drive are designed to work together. For example, any Google Docs you create, which are stored on your drive, don't count against that storage limit. I'll even show you how you can convert your existing Office documents into Google Doc format, saving you room on your drive and giving you benefits, such as sharing your files with other people and working on them together.