In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows you how to log in to your Google Drive account, and switch between personal and work Google accounts.
- [Instructor] You can sign into your free Google account at any Google product screen or the Google.com main search page, like I'm on now. If you don't have an account already, you can sign up for one on these screens also on the top right-hand side of the screen. I'm already signed into my account and I can tell because I can see my Google avatar on the top right-hand side instead of the sign-in button. There's several ways you can access Google Drive from here. From any Google products screen, you can click on the grid thumbnail icon and select Google Drive.
You can also point your browser to drive.google.com. This brings you to the main Google Drive screen. Right now it's completely empty, except for one getting started document by Google because this is a brand new, empty Google Drive account waiting to be built. I'm going to click the X in the turn on notifications area to dismiss it because we'll be going over that later. If you have multiple Google Accounts, you can certainly use both accounts with Google Drive. For example, if you have a personal Google account and one for work, to switch back and forth between them, click your avatar icon on the top right-hand side of the screen.
From here, click add account on the bottom left-hand side. This will bring you to a screen where you can add a second Google account. Once you're signed into both accounts, you can come back at any time, click the icon and toggle back and forth between both accounts. Your data and each account will switch accordingly. So if you're ever in Google Drive and you don't see the right data, always come up here, click the icon and make sure that you're signed in to the right account. Up next, I'm going to show you how to navigate through this main screen.
- Accessing Google Drive
- Navigating the web interface
- Uploading files via the web
- Converting files to Google Doc format
- Deleting and recovering files
- Purchasing more storage space for your files
- Organizing and searching Google Drive
- Using Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Creating drawings
- Using Google Docs to collaborate with others
- Using Google Drive on a mobile device