- You can add a header and a footer to your document.…A header is a section of specific text that appears…at the top of every page in your document.…A footer is the same thing.…It just appears at the bottom.…Let's insert a header first.…To do that, from the top menu,…click Insert and choose Header.…You'll see a gray horizontal line appear.…This horizontal line isn't visible…in the document, nor it will be printed.…It's just to show you what your boundaries are…for creating that header.…
Just like a regular document,…you can have different formatting in your header.…The first thing I'm gonna do is give this a title.…I could put my contact information…or anything else that I want to.…Now that I got my text typed, I can format it.…For example, I might change the font and the size.…I might change the color also…just to make it look different in some way…so that it's very clear that it's a header.…When I'm done making my edits,…I'm going to click back in the main document.…
This is going to take me out of the mode to edit the header.…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.