A header is a small amount of text that appears at the top of every document. Learn how to work with headers and footers in Google Docs.
- [Narrator] You can add a header … and a footer to your document. … A header is a section of specific text … that appears at the top of every page in your document. … A footer is the same thing, it just appears at the bottom. … Let's insert a header first. … To do that, from the top menu, … click insert, hover your mouse over header and page number … and choose header. … You'll see a gray bar appear that says header. … These aren't going to be visible when you're printing … or looking at the document, … it's just going to show you what your boundaries are. … Just like a regular doc, … you can have different formatting in your header. … The first thing I'll do is give this a title. … I can put my contact information … or anything else that I want. … Now that I have my text typed, I can format it. … For example, I might change the font and the size. … Make it a little bit smaller, … bold-faced and change the color. … I just want to make it look different in some way … so that it's very clear that it's a header. …
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.