The mobile app has a different interface than the browser version. In this video, learn how to work with documents on Google Docs mobile.
- [Instructor] Let's examine how to work … with the doc in the app itself. … The first thing that you might notice, … is that my header and footer … cannot be seen in the mobile app. … You can actually see it while you're previewing the document … and I'll show you how to do that in just a few moments. … But for now you can see, … that just about everything else is in place. … To edit a document, … double-tap where you want the insertion point to be, … and the keyboard will turn on. … From here, you can start tapping, and using the keyboard, … and adding more text. … Tap the keyboard icon on the bottom right-hand side … to make it go away. … And then you can go back to scrolling through your document. … You have formatting options at the top of the screen, … like Bold, Italicize, and Underline. … You can even tap to change the text color. … You do need to have text selected while you're doing this, … and to select text, … tap and hold with your finger on the text itself. … From here, you can tap to select the text, …
- Identify the steps needed to successfully create Google Docs.
- Differentiate between headers, footers, and footnotes within Google Docs.
- Explain how to correctly assign permission levels to others when sharing and collaborating Google Docs.
- Explore how to place charts and images within Google Docs.
- Determine whether edits and revisions are made to Google Docs.
- Recognize where Google Docs are located, shared, and saved.
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.