Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Who can use Google Docs?, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Anyone can create a free Google account. Your free Google account gives you access to many Google products like Gmail, Google Calendar, YouTube and others, including Google Docs and Google Drive. In fact, here's a link to Google Docs. I'm gonna show you how to access this site later on. But the first time you access it, you'll be prompted to sign in or create an account if you don't already have one. Throughout this course we'll be building this document that you see here.
When you send a link to other people, and I'll show you how, those people don't have to have a Google account to view your document. However, if they do want to edit it and collaborate on it, which I'll be showing you how to do later, they will need a free Google account to work on this document with you. So for now, create a Google account if you don't already have one. It's completely free and it gives you access to many other Google products besides Google Docs, so it's highly worth your time.
Up next, let's sign in and create our first Google Doc.
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 50m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.