Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Google Docs Advanced Tips and Tricks.
- [Instructor] Google Docs is a complete word processing software application that you can use right from your browser. It's free with your Google account, so if you use Gmail, YouTube, Google Calendar, Google Voice, or Google Drive, you can also use Google Docs. You can access Google Docs in three ways. You can get there from Google Drive by clicking the red view button and choosing Google Docs. You can also click on the thumbnail icon on the top of any Google product. This will bring you to a complete list of all the apps that you can use with your Google account.
Google Docs is in this list. Finally, you can point your browser to docs.google.com. There's also a mobile app for Google Docs. This course assumes that you've gone through the full course in our library, this way you can come back and master it with this course that you're watching now. There is some overlap, but this one will go at a faster pace, assuming you're already familiar with the interface. I do recommend watching this course at least once a year. This can remind yourself of features that you might have forgotten about.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Downloading files as PDFs or Word documents
- Using Docs templates
- Finding and adding additional fonts
- Copying styles with Paint Format
- Replacing text as your type
- Finding images using the Research tool
- Tagging others in comments
- Turning on Suggesting mode for collaborators
- Creating flowcharts with Google Drawings
- Translating documents into different languages