Get advanced tips and tricks to boost your productivity in Google Sheets, from creating interactive charts and surveys to applying conditional formatting.
- [Jess] My name is Jess Stratton, and welcome to this course on everyday tips and tricks that you can use to master Google Sheets. I'll first take you working through the spreadsheets themselves, such as how to download the file as Microsoft Excel or PDF. Then I'll show you how to work with columns, rows, and cells and how to do all sorts of formulas and functions, such as using conditional formatting and adding data validation. I'll then take you through working with charts, including inserting a gauge chart, a geo chart, and even publishing a chart to a website. Finally, I'll show you how to use Google Sheets with other Google products, such as using Google Forms to create surveys, browsing the add-on library, and getting notified by e-mail when a change is made to your Google Sheet.
I'll show you all of this and more. We have a lot to cover, so let's get started.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Protecting sheets against unwanted changes
- Rearranging rows and columns
- Adding data validation to cells
- Using the image function to easily add images to cells
- Inserting a gauge chart for status updates
- Adding estimate data to Google charts
- Publishing charts to a website
- Using Google Forms to create surveys
- Using Google Sheets add-ons