- I've added a bit more to my document,…that is, just one more paragraph,…and now I'm ready to apply some styles to it.…The Style Menu is on the left-hand side,…next to the Font Selection.…Styles are pre-set to be formatted…in a very specific way.…So in one click, you can change…many font properties at once,…like making it bold, or italicized,…or a different size completely.…The Style Normal text is what you'll use…as the default body style for your document.…
This is regular paragraph text.…I'm going to show you how to change this in a few minutes,…but it's important to remember…that you do want to keep your document…readable for other people, so keep that in mind…when you're setting font properties.…The styles Title, Headings 1, 2, and 3…are for labelling different areas…of your document so that they stand out.…Google Docs also uses Header styles…to build the Table of Contents,…which I'll show you how to do in a later video.…To set text to a particular style, you first need…to highlight the batch of text…that you want to change.…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.