If you're having trouble getting started, use a template. In this video, learn how to find the right template in a large list.
- [Instructor] If you're having trouble getting started … with a doc, Google Docs has a great template gallery … to get you on your way. … I'm going to click this blue button … to go to the root of Google Docs. … And at the very top of the screen is the template gallery. … I'm going to click this button to expand it and show you … all of the templates that you can choose from. … The most commonly used templates are at the very top, … but if you continue to scroll, you can view … all the categories, such as different resume types, … business letters, even informal letters. … There's some personal choices that you can have, … such as recipes and a whole bunch of work options, … such as proposals, meeting minutes, onboarding notes, … brochures, newsletters, and more. … You can continue down to some sales, legal, … and even HR documents. … I'm going to scroll back up and find a good one … to get started, just so that I can show you … what it looks like when you work with a template. … I'm going to choose this letter. …
- Identify the steps needed to successfully create Google Docs.
- Differentiate between headers, footers, and footnotes within Google Docs.
- Explain how to correctly assign permission levels to others when sharing and collaborating Google Docs.
- Explore how to place charts and images within Google Docs.
- Determine whether edits and revisions are made to Google Docs.
- Recognize where Google Docs are located, shared, and saved.
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.