Styles allow you to easily change font properties all at once. In this video, learn how to use and create your own styles.
- [Instructor] Let's apply some styles to this doc. … The style menu is on the left-hand side … next to the font selection. … Styles are preset to be formatted in a very specific way. … So in one click you can change many font properties at once … like making it bold, italicized, … or a different size completely. … The style, Normal text, … is what you'll use as the default body style … for your document. … This is regular paragraph text. … I'm going to show you how to change this in a few minutes … but it is important to remember … that you do want to keep your document readable … for other people. … So keep that in mind when you're setting font properties. … The styles, Title, Heading 1, 2, and 3, … are for labeling different areas of your document … so that they stand out. … Google Docs also uses header styles … to build the table of contents. … To set the text to a particular style, … you first need to highlight the batch of text … that you want to change. … In this case, I'm going to add some headings. …
- Identify the steps needed to successfully create Google Docs.
- Differentiate between headers, footers, and footnotes within Google Docs.
- Explain how to correctly assign permission levels to others when sharing and collaborating Google Docs.
- Explore how to place charts and images within Google Docs.
- Determine whether edits and revisions are made to Google Docs.
- Recognize where Google Docs are located, shared, and saved.
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.