It's possible to make a lot of formatting changes to a block of text in your Google Docs and bring those changes over to other text with one mouse click. In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows you how to use the Paint Format tool to copy text that has had many formatting changes, and bring those changes over to other text.
- [Voiceover] Google Docs makes it easy to copy font…properties from one object to another using something…called the paint format tool.…I'm going to take a block of text and highlight it…and make some changes.…I can change the font itself,…the size, I can change the properties.…For example, I'll make it italicized…and finally I'll change the color.…If I wanted to bring that style over to another…block of text I don't have to remember everything…that I did nor do I have to recreate it every time.…
Instead, I'm going to highlight the text…and click the paint format toolbar icon on the top…left-hand side of the screen.…With the tool selected, I can then click and drag with…my mouse to select the same text that I want to take on…those same properties.…As soon as I let go of my mouse, the properties are changed.…Once I let go of my mouse, you'll notice that the toolbar…icon is not highlighted anymore and now I can go on my…way editing my document.…It is possible to take those properties…and keep pasting them.…
What I'm going to do this time,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Downloading files as PDFs or Word documents
- Using Docs templates
- Finding and adding additional fonts
- Copying styles with Paint Format
- Replacing text as your type
- Finding images using the Research tool
- Tagging others in comments
- Turning on Suggesting mode for collaborators
- Creating flowcharts with Google Drawings
- Translating documents into different languages