It's very easy to translate a Google Doc into another language. Staff Author Jess Stratton take you through giving the doc a new title, choosing a language, and then going through the translation instantly. She also shows you how to find the translated doc after, which is automatically saved to Google Drive.
- [Narrator] Google can very easily…and very quickly translate your entire document…into another language.…It's not just for businesses.…This is a great tool for pen pals…or letter writing also.…To translate a Doc, click Tools at the top…of the screen and choose Translate Document.…You'll need to give your document a new title.…In this case,…I'll call it French Translated copy of Landon Hotel.…From here, you can translate it…into any language that you see in the drop-down list.…
In this case, I'll choose French.…Click the blue Translate button.…And in just a few moments, your document will open…completely translated.…You can scroll through the document…and see how it looks.…It created a completely separate copy.…It kept my original copy intact.…In fact, I could go through again,…choose Tools, Translate Document,…call this one the Spanish Translated copy,…and choose a different language.…
Click the blue Translate button again,…and in just a few moments,…now I have it translated into Spanish.…I can close out of all of these,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Downloading files as PDFs or Word documents
- Using Docs templates
- Finding and adding additional fonts
- Copying styles with Paint Format
- Replacing text as your type
- Finding images using the Research tool
- Tagging others in comments
- Turning on Suggesting mode for collaborators
- Creating flowcharts with Google Drawings
- Translating documents into different languages