If the comments section of a Google Doc is long, you can change your notification settings to only be emailed when someone comments to you specifically. In this video, Jess Stratton shows users how to target a comment to a specific user and what the notification looks like for that comment. She'll also show users how to adjust notification settings for the doc.
- [Instructor] In the last video,…I showed you how to add and…work with comments in a document.…If your document is shared by…many people who are always adding lots of comments,…it can be a little unruly to try and keep track of them all,…but fortunately, Google Docs…allows you to tag a specific person in that comment.…You'll also get a notification if…somebody has tagged you in a comment.…This is what it looks like…if somebody tags you in a comment.…Here's an email that I've gotten from Cecelia.…She's mentioned me in a comment.…
I can go to the document from this link,…but I'm going to open it back up in the tab.…I can find the comment, and see that she has tagged me.…From here, I can reply, resolve,…or do anything else that I need to.…The way she has tagged me is by adding a plus sign,…or it will also work with and at symbol,…before entering the person's name.…Let's see this in action.…I'm going to scroll up to the top,…place my cursor in the insertion point…that I want my comment to be at,…and I'll right-click, or secondary click if I'm using a Mac.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Downloading files as PDFs or Word documents
- Using Docs templates
- Finding and adding additional fonts
- Copying styles with Paint Format
- Replacing text as your type
- Finding images using the Research tool
- Tagging others in comments
- Turning on Suggesting mode for collaborators
- Creating flowcharts with Google Drawings
- Translating documents into different languages