Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Spell-checking and translating a doc, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- A great feature of Google Docs is how easy it is…to translate it into another language…to send to somebody else.…Before translating, I do suggest…running it through the spell checker,…which you should do anyway, even if you're not translating.…To do that, select Tools, Spelling.…You have the choice to either Change a suggestion,…Ignore it, or Add it to the Dictionary.…Adding it to the dictionary is a good idea…if it's a name that's going to come up a lot…in your documents, for example, an employee's name.…
In this case, though, I'm going to Ignore,…and my spell checker is done.…From here, I'm going to choose Tools again,…and now I'll choose Translate document.…The first thing I need to do is…create a new document title.…It defaults to Translated copy of your document title,…but I'm going to change this.…I'm going to translate it into French,…so I'll write French version.…The next thing you have to decide is…what language you're going to translate it into.…
I'm going to choose French.…I'll click the blue Translate button,…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 50m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.