Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting view options, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- You have a few different options…that you can choose to view your document…while you're working on it.…The first thing that you can do…is zoom in or out so that you can see the text better.…From the Toolbar icon menu,…click the down arrow next to the 100%.…From here, you can either zoom out…to make your document smaller,…or zoom in to make the text larger.…At any time, you can bring it back to 100%…to view it the default way.…You can also click the View menu.…
By default, Print layout is turned on,…but you can uncheck this,…and it will remove the header and the footer…of the document.…This way, it won't clutter up your view…while you're working on the actual text…inside your document.…You can also choose the Editing Mode.…By default Google Docs starts in Editing Mode.…You're editing the document directly.…However, you can change that to Suggesting Mode,…in which any edits become suggestions…and have to be approved…before they'll actually become part of the document.…
You can also select Viewing Mode.…This is going to let you read the document.…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 50m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.