- Over the course of creating different Google Docs,…there's some things that you might…need to change for those documents,…specifically, the page margins,…that is, how much width you have…on the side of each document and the top and the bottom,…setting the orientation,…whether it's portrait or landscape mode, and the color.…Right now it defaults to a white background.…There's one place that you can go…to change all three of those things,…and that's the Page setup screen.…To get there, click File and select Page setup…down at the bottom.…
Here's where you can change the Orientation…from Portrait to Landscape mode,…that is, turning the piece of paper sideways.…You can also change the paper size,…if you're printing your document out…on a larger size piece of paper.…You can also change the background color.…It defaults to a white background,…but you can certainly change that.…You can also change the margins,…that is, the amount of white space on the top, bottom,…left, and right sides of your document.…
For example, if you change those,…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.