Sometimes you need to set your document up a little differently. Learn how to set page margins, orientation, and color in Google Docs.
- [Instructor] Over the course of creating different … Google docs, there are some things that you might need … to change for those documents. … Specifically, the page margins, that is, how much width … you have on the side of each document, … and the top and the bottom. … You can also set the orientation, whether it's portrait … or landscape mode, and the color. … There's one place you can go to change all three … of those things, and that's the Page Setup screen. … To get there, click File, and all the way down … at the bottom, choose Page setup. … Here's where you can change the orientation from portrait … to landscape mode, that is, … turning the piece of paper sideways. … You can also change the paper size, if you're printing … your document out on a different size piece of paper. … Here's where you can change the background color. … It defaults to a white background, … but you can certainly change that. … And finally, you can change the margins, that is, … the amount of white space, on the top, bottom, …
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.