A column is a traditional newsletter-style format for a doc. In this video, learn to convert existing text into a column format for reading.
- [Instructor] Right now we're looking at this doc … in the traditional format. … That is, reading the text from top to bottom. … But you may be creating a flyer or a newsletter, … and you might prefer a column layout. … You can convert your existing text into a column very easily … with Google docs. … I'm going to start by selecting the text … that I want to convert into a column. … From here click format at the top of the screen. … Hover your mouse over columns, … and then you can choose how many columns you want. … Right now it's set to a one-column format, … which is what we're looking at. … I can select a two or three-column format, … and I can also click more options. … Again, I can choose the number of columns. … I'll select two. … I can choose the amount of spacing … I want in between each column. … And finally, … I can decide if I want a line between the columns. … I'll leave it at just a two-column format, … and click the apply button. … My text is converted. … And now this looks more like a newsletter. …
- Identify the steps needed to successfully create Google Docs.
- Differentiate between headers, footers, and footnotes within Google Docs.
- Explain how to correctly assign permission levels to others when sharing and collaborating Google Docs.
- Explore how to place charts and images within Google Docs.
- Determine whether edits and revisions are made to Google Docs.
- Recognize where Google Docs are located, shared, and saved.
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.