Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Resizing a table, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- There's a few ways to resize cells in a table.…The first way is to change the length of your cells…by hovering your mouse over the edge of the cell…and dragging it towards the left or the right.…You'll notice that it stretches the cell…and shrinks the other.…You can shorten the length of your entire table…by hovering your mouse over the very ends…of the table and dragging inward.…From here, you can go into the Table Properties,…like we did in the last video,…and center your table on the page itself.…
If you've accidentally made your cells…a length that you don't like, click the undo button…in the top left-hand side of your document.…It will put the cells back the way they were.…You can do the same thing to change the size of your rows.…I'm gonna hover my mouse over this top row…and drag it downward.…You'll notice that it changed just that one cell.…I'm gonna click the undo button.…If you want to resize all of your cells…but have them be a uniform size,…click and drag to select the entire table.…
From here, right-click anywhere in the table…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 57m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 19s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.