There are several ways to resize columns and add rows. In this video, author Jess Stratton shows you shortcuts to quickly insert multiple rows and columns, and then how to easily rearrange them by dragging and dropping.
- [Instructor] Let's go over some row and column…manipulations you can use in Google Sheets.…I can easily add a row by right clicking…inside the row number and selecting…insert one above or one below.…I'll hit control or command Z on my keyboard to undo that,…and I can do the same thing by right clicking…on a column header.…I'm given the option to insert a row or a column…to the left or the right of the currently selected column.…There's also a very easy way to quickly insert…multiple rows or columns.…
I can click and drag with my mouse inside the row number.…It's going to select as many rows as I drag,…and when I right click inside the row number,…this time I'm given the option to insert…the currently selected amount of rows above or below.…If I needed to add four new employees, I can simply…select four rows, and get four blank ones.…Columns work the same way.…I can click and drag and select multiple columns,…right click inside the column header,…and choose insert two to the left or two to the right.…
Something else that you'll need to do…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain why it is beneficial to use a template spreadsheet in Google Sheets rather than start from scratch.
- Name the action you would need to take to make data fit in a column on a Google sheet.
- List the steps to include multiple lines in a cell.
- Explain how to use the iframe code for a chart when publishing it to a website.
- Recall the main advantage of using IFTTT services with Google Sheets.
- Recognize situations where Google Sheets email notifications would be useful.