You may need to cite a source or find a good image. In this video, learn how to bring up the Explorer pane to do research within Google Docs.
- [Instructor] A fun feature of Google Docs … is called Explore, … and it's there to help you find … relevant content that you can put into your doc at any time. … I'm going to start by selecting some information … that I want to research more on. … I'll highlight the word solar panels … and on the bottom right-hand side … of the screen, I'll click the bubble icon … with the star in the middle. … If I hover my mouse over it, … the word changes to Explore. … Clicking this will bring up the Explore panel … on the right-hand side. … It's going to choose some topics … that I wrote about that I can find out … more information on. … It's also going to show me related research. … I can click the More button and do a Google search on it … or I can go up to any of my topics. … If I click on a topic it's going to do … a Google web search. … If I use any of the research, … I can click the button to cite it as a footnote. … The footnote appears next to solar panels … and puts it at the bottom of my doc on the page. …
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.