Google Docs has some features that are unique to the app. Learn how to navigate through docs and menus.
- [Instructor] I did want to take a few moments … to go over the interface of Google Docs … because while it's just like a traditional … Word processing program, … there are a few things that's a little bit different. … For example, you can always change the title … of a document by clicking at the top of the screen. … The File menu will let you do things like share a document … and you can also do some special things … like look at the version history, … change the language, and you can also download a Google Doc … directly to your computer. … After that, there's the usual toolbar menus … with things like a View menu and Insert menu … to insert images, a way to format text, … and to do some special tools … such as find out the word count of your document. … You can hover your mouse over when the last edit was … on your document and you'll get into a special screen … where you can go over revision changes … and see every single change that has been made to that doc. … Directly underneath that are the icons. …
- Identify the steps needed to successfully create Google Docs.
- Differentiate between headers, footers, and footnotes within Google Docs.
- Explain how to correctly assign permission levels to others when sharing and collaborating Google Docs.
- Explore how to place charts and images within Google Docs.
- Determine whether edits and revisions are made to Google Docs.
- Recognize where Google Docs are located, shared, and saved.
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 21m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.