Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Naming, saving, and accessing a doc, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- Now that we've created a new blank Google Doc,…the first thing we need to do is give it a title,…and change it to the folder that we want it saved in.…By default Google Docs exist in your Google Drive,…but you can change the folder that they're in.…To give your new document a name,…click Untitled document on the top lefthand side.…This is going to bring up a dialog box…so that you can rename it.…I'm gonna create a new document about our company…that we can share with all new hires.…
Once I've given it a new name,…I'll click the blue OK button.…It's going to save it.…Then I can be sure that my new name…has been successfully changed in Google Drive…because all of a sudden I get a new text link that says…All changes saved in Drive.…I'm gonna tell you a little bit more about this later,…but for now you can know…that it's been successfully updated.…To put it in a new folder, click the folder icon…to the right of the title name.…This is going to bring up a dialog box…in which you can move it to a folder.…
At the top it's going to tell you…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 50m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 19s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.