- There's a few ways that you can get an image to appear in your Google Doc. To insert an image, click your cursor into the document where you want the image to appear and select Insert from the top menu and choose Image. To insert an image from your computer, click the blue Choose an image to upload button. This is going to bring up the dialog box so that you can browse the file system on your computer. If you're using a Windows computer, you get a similar dialog box.
I'm gonna click Cancel because there's some other ways that you can get an image into your doc. If you have a camera attached to your computer or laptop, you could click Take a snapshot. You can also click By URL to paste an image URL here. But for now, I'm gonna click Google Drive because I have a bunch of images stored in my Google Drive already that I can insert directly into my document. I'm gonna browse the file system of Google Drive.
Here's my images folder. And I'm gonna choose a suitable image from my document. I'll click once on the image and then click Select in the bottom left hand side. It's going to insert the image. And if I scroll up, I can see that the image is a little bit too big for this document. There's a few things I could do. The first thing I could do is delete it entirely. And I do that by clicking once to select the image and then hitting the Delete key on my keyboard. I'm not gonna do that right now.
I can also click Image options at the top of the screen. Clicking on Image options is going to bring up some minor alterations that I can do to the image such as adjusting the Brightness, Contrast, and I can even change the Transparency of the image. When I'm done I can click the X to close out of the screen. I can also re-size the image. I can re-size the image myself by clicking on any of these blue squares at several points in the image.
For example, if I want to make the image smaller, I'm going to click on a blue square on any of the diagonal points of the image and drags inwards with the mouse. If I scroll up, I can see that my image is indeed smaller. However, I'm gonna undo that because there's one more thing I wanna show you. To undo it, I'm gonna click the Undo toolbar icon. That's going to undo my last action, in this case, which was a re-size. I'm going to crop this image.
I do that by clicking on the Crop image toolbar icon. This is going to change those blue squares to black lines. I can take any of those black lines and click and drag. This is going to change where I'm cropping my image. I'm gonna scroll up a little bit because it's already adjusting itself on my screen. I'm gonna click and drag up from the bottom also. When I'm happy with my crop, I'm going to click anywhere away from that image to get out of it.
I can then see my cropped image and now this looks much better on the screen. It's going to add some nice and much needed color to my document. And now I can move on and add some more images.
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices