Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting and removing a table, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- It's easy to insert a table into Google Docs.…In this case, I'm going to separate out my executive list…into a table so it looks a little nicer.…I'm going to have six rows and two columns.…To insert a table, place the cursor…where you want your table to go,…and click "Table" from the top menu.…Hover your mouse over "Insert table,"…and then hover your mouse over the…appropriate amount of columns and rows.…In this case, I want six rows and two columns.…
Your table will appear.…You'll notice that the insertion point to start typing…is right at the first cell,…so once you're in the table, you can simply start typing.…You can also copy and paste text.…So now it's just a matter of populating your table…until it looks just right.…Deleting a table is easy also.…I'm going to scroll down…where I already have a table inserted.…I've decided I don't really want it here anymore,…so to delete it entirely, right-click anywhere in the table.…
A menu will pop up, and select "Delete table."…And now it's gone, it's that simple.…Up next, and for the remainder of this chapter,…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 50m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 23s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.