Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Inserting and deleting rows and columns, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- There's a few ways to insert…rows and columns into your table.…The first way is to put the insertion point of the cursor…where you want your row to go…either above or below where the cursor is.…Right click inside that cell and select…either Insert row above or Insert row below.…You'll see your new row appear…and you can start typing as normal.…I'm gonna click the Undo button on this one.…The other way to add a row is fantastic…if you're going to be doing lots of data entry.…
I have the cursor right at the very end of my table.…From here, I can simply hit the Tab key on my keyboard.…It's going to enter a new row…and put the insertion point of the cursor…right where I can start typing.…From here, I can hit the Tab key again…to move to the next column.…I can hit Tab again and I'll have a new row.…You can also insert new columns by right clicking.…I'm gonna right click on a cell…and now I can either choose to insert a column…to the left or to the right of where the insertion point is.…
If I choose Insert column to the left,…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 57m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 19s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.