It's possible to add a Google Drawing directly into a spreadsheet. Jess Stratton shows how simple it is to create a drawing using shapes and colors, and inserting it into a Google Sheet.
- [Instructor] In a previous video,…I showed you how to add an image to a Google sheet,…and even include an image in a particular cell.…But sometimes you might need…to add a drawing onto your sheet,…this might not be a photo, or a picture you already have,…you can create one on the fly.…Here's my pledge drive that I'm doing,…let's suppose in a new scenario,…that this pledge drive is for a new park.…People who are looking at this sheet,…want to know what the finished park is going to look like.…I can actually use Google Drawings,…to create a rough sketch.…
I'll click Insert, Drawing,…and this is right from within Google Sheets.…You can also access Google Draw, directly from Google Drive,…but it is useful to access it right from Sheets.…Here's my blank palette,…and I can click Actions and do things like Word art,…I can also paste in something…that I've copied from somewhere else,…but I'm interested in these icons over here.…I can add an Image to this drawing and mark it up,…I can add a Text box, a Line, even Shapes.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Protecting sheets against unwanted changes
- Rearranging rows and columns
- Adding data validation to cells
- Using the image function to easily add images to cells
- Inserting a gauge chart for status updates
- Adding estimate data to Google charts
- Publishing charts to a website
- Using Google Forms to create surveys
- Using Google Sheets add-ons