It's possible to add a Google Drawing directly into a spreadsheet. Jess Stratton shows how simple it is to create a drawing using shapes and colors, and inserting it into a Google Sheet.
- [Instructor] In a previous video,…I showed you how to add an image to a Google sheet,…and even include an image in a particular cell.…But sometimes you might need…to add a drawing onto your sheet,…this might not be a photo, or a picture you already have,…you can create one on the fly.…Here's my pledge drive that I'm doing,…let's suppose in a new scenario,…that this pledge drive is for a new park.…People who are looking at this sheet,…want to know what the finished park is going to look like.…I can actually use Google Drawings,…to create a rough sketch.…
I'll click Insert, Drawing,…and this is right from within Google Sheets.…You can also access Google Draw, directly from Google Drive,…but it is useful to access it right from Sheets.…Here's my blank palette,…and I can click Actions and do things like Word art,…I can also paste in something…that I've copied from somewhere else,…but I'm interested in these icons over here.…I can add an Image to this drawing and mark it up,…I can add a Text box, a Line, even Shapes.…
- Explain why it is beneficial to use a template spreadsheet in Google Sheets rather than start from scratch.
- Name the action you would need to take to make data fit in a column on a Google sheet.
- List the steps to include multiple lines in a cell.
- Explain how to use the iframe code for a chart when publishing it to a website.
- Recall the main advantage of using IFTTT services with Google Sheets.
- Recognize situations where Google Sheets email notifications would be useful.