Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain why you might want to export a file as a PDF instead of a Word document.
- Recall what happens when you double-click the Paint format icon.
- Recognize the common layout tool that makes building a graphical header easy.
- Recall what happens when you tag a person in a document comment and that person is not a collaborator on that document.
- Determine what happens when you click on the arrow on the right-hand side of a search result.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] My name is Jess Stratton, and welcome to this course on learning how to master Google Docs. I'm going to start by teaching you how to work with your document, such as downloading it as a PDF file and working with revisions. After that, we'll work with text. I'll show you how to find and add more fonts, use automatic substitution, and even find quotes and cite scholarly articles for your doc. We'll work with images. I'll show you how to insert a drawing into a header. Then I'll show you how to collaborate with others, such as tagging specific people in comments.
Finally, I'll show you how to use Google Docs with other products, such as inserting a Google map into a doc. We have a lot to cover, so let's get started.