Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting text, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- I'd started adding text to my document.…I just typed a few things so there would…be some text here to work with.…But let's start making it look pretty.…The first thing that we might want to do…is change the font.…To work with a group of text click and drag with your mouse…to highlight the entire block of text.…From here we can change the font…by clicking on the Font menu…right on the toolbar itself.…Google Docs gives us some to work with,…but we can easily add a lot more.…
It's called Google Fonts and it's just a click away.…Click More Fonts at the bottom of the screen…and from here you can sort through a much larger list…of fonts to choose from and add to your document.…I'm gonna choose Roboto,…it'll be added to my list of fonts and I can click OK.…It's going to change that font…and now Roboto is going to show up…in my font list when I open a new document.…
In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and highlight…and change the rest of this to Roboto.…From here I can click and drag with my mouse…and click Bold or Italicize and I can click to toggle…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 57m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 19s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.