Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting cells, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- Tables become really powerful…when you see all that you can do to format an actual cell.…For example, in the last video,…we re-sized the size of the row and made them larger.…But now, all our cell data is at the very top of the row.…We can center these in the cell.…To do that to all our cells, click and drag,…highlight the cells, right click anywhere in the table,…and select Table properties.…There's a few things that we can do now that we're here.…
The first thing I wanna do is…change our Cell vertical alignment.…Right now, our text data in the cell is aligned to the top.…I'm gonna change this to make them be aligned in the center…just to make it look a little bit nicer.…I'm also gonna change the Cell background color.…Right now, it's set to no color,…that is it's going to take whatever color our page is…which is currently white right now.…But I can change that.…
When I'm all done, click the blue OK button.…Click anywhere off of the table to see your changes.…And now I can see that the Cell background color…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Google Sheets Essential Trainingwith Sally Norred2h 57m Appropriate for all
Google Docs and Sheets on iOS First Lookwith Nick Brazzi25m 19s Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.