Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Emailing a doc, part of Google Docs Essential Training.
- You can email a Google Doc as an attachment…to anybody right from the Google Doc itself.…To do this, click File, Email as attachment.…It's going to open up a dialog box…and the first thing you need to decide…is how you wanna email the document.…You can email it as a PDF file,…which means that whoever gets the document…won't be able to make any changes or edit it.…You can email it as a Microsoft Word document,…in which Google Docs will do the best it can…to preserve the integrity of the document,…that is, the fonts and image placement.…
You can send it as a Rich Text document,…an HTML document, a Plain Text document,…meaning no pictures will go along with it,…or even in Open Document format…if you're using the free OpenOffice software.…Finally, you can choose to paste…the item itself into the email,…which won't be sent as an attachment.…It'll take the contents of your Google Doc…and dump it right into the email.…I'm gonna choose to send it as a PDF,…which I always like to do,…because this way I know that the integrity…
- Creating, naming, saving, and editing docs
- Formatting text
- Creating a table of contents
- Inserting images and tables
- Copying, renaming, and moving docs
- Publishing docs on the web
- Sharing docs
- Translating docs
- Using Google Docs on mobile devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with Google Docs
Navigating Google Docs2m 58s
2. Editing Google Docs
3. Working with Images
4. Working with Tables
5. Working with Google Docs
6. Collaborating with, and Sharing, Google Docs
7. Using Google Docs on a Mobile Device
Working with docs in the app3m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.